Sunday, January 20, 2013

Red Sequined Shrug

This is a picture of the back of this red shrug. I have been working on the design and tweaking it for more than a year. Initially, I wanted to make a sweater/shrug that was easy, one without seams. After I decided on starting with a circle in the center back I had to plan on how in heaven was I going to add the arms.

I knew I wanted the arm openings not centered on the circle because I envisioned being able to turn the garment upside down and have the ability to wear this as a short shrug with a large shawl collar, or a longer shrug that covers the back side.

Usually I do a hdc stitch all the way through but since I was using a fancier, smaller gauge yarn, I played around a little with more pattern. I also really felt that this shrug needed an extra something as a trim so I used a gorgeous eyelash yarn. 

The yarn on the main body is a sequined yarn with the sequins built right in. Then toward the edges of the garment I used the same color red but one with a metallic yarn for sparkle. 

I know that this sounds like a really blingy jacket, but the sparkles are subtle and you can as easily wear it with your jeans as over a black cocktail dress.

Here it is in my store, if you would like to take a peek.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/121035483/sequined-circle-shrug-luxurious-red

No comments:

Post a Comment